The Sierra Vista Herald chooses Drew John
Sierra Vista Herald Endorsements for GOP primary for LD14
First, none of the candidates have a Cochise County address.
Secondly, the qualifications of all six candidates in the race for State Representative — including two Democrats — are impressive. Considering the time commitment required for the position and the level of compensation — about $24,000 a year — the field of candidates includes high caliber professionals who want to make a difference in state government.
Thirdly, this will be the first year in almost a decade that the two LD14 Representatives are new to the State Legislature. As political pundits already know, this can change the effectiveness of local representation when “new” members of the Legislature are elected. Incumbent representatives are more likely to get appointed to more influential committees and newly-elected representatives take a little bit of time adjusting to the legislative process and learning the ropes of state government.
With those three facts in mind, we confidently endorse Dennis Barger and Drew John for the Republican nomination for State Representative of Legislative District 14. John is an experienced legislator who is familiar with the challenges local governments face because of state decisions. As a Supervisor in Graham County for 16 years, he is intimately aware of the role that county government plays and will be sensitive to state mandates that can create local hardships.
Thank you Toney King, City of Benson Mayor, for endorsing Drew John
Arizona and New Mexico counties chose their Supervisor of the year Drew John
Endorsements continue to flow in for Drew John!
New this week! Pat Call and all Cochise County Supervisors.
1 Az Fraternal Order of Police Association
2 Az Cotton Growers Assoc ...
3 Az Assoc of Realtors
4 Az Nurses Association
5 Vail Parent Network VPN
6 Az Cattle Feeders Assoc
7 Az Chamber of Commerce & Industry
8 Az Education Assoc AEA
9 Az Rock Products Association
10 Az Chapter Associated General Contractors
11 Arizona Medical Political Action Committee (ArMPAC)
12. Az Farm Bureau AgPAC
13. Az House Representative Frank Pratt
14. Az Trucking Association.
15. Az State Senator Sylvia Allen
16. Az State House Representative Brenda Barton
17. Az Technology Council
18. All Graham County Board of Supervisors
19. Az State House Representative Rick Gray
20. Retired Safford School Superintendent Mark Tregaskus
21. Sierra Vista Herald
22. Ray Carroll, Pima County Supervisor,
District 4 and Community leaders from throughout the state of AZ & NM.
23. Past Az Secretary of State Ken Bennett for Congress
24. Az State House Representative TJ Shope
25. All Cochise County Supervisors, Pat Call, Richard Searle & Ann English
26. Greenlee Co. Supervisors David Gomez & Ron Campbell
27. Grand Canyon State Electric Co-ops
28. Arizona Coporation Commisioner Andy Tobin
and many dozens more